Welcome to My World!

IMG_6598
Thanks for stopping by! My name is Suzan Mayumi Turner. I'm a happy stay at home (expat) mom who does photography and theatre every time I get a chance. Here you'll find some glimpses of my life (now in Spain), my art, and my work. Feel free to drop me a line or two. I'd love to hear from you and make new friends!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10 weeks.... 10 semanas....

I'm around 10 weeks and 3 days. We're all doing fine, although on Sunday I started feeling some heartburn and a strong headache (Migraines always loved me). My friend Hellen was at home and poor girl, I couldn't even give her all the love that I usually do, cause I was miserable laying on the floor for the whole day! (Sorry girl, I'll make it up to you soon!hehehe...) But besides all the normal pregnancy symptoms, I've been very optimistic! Yes, I'm dreaming how my baby will look like, how we're going to raise him/her, how to teach to love God and respect one another, and specially how to make a difference in this world. Yes, I'm a typical mom-to-be dreaming and dreaming. I pray that God gives us wisdom to raise a person capable to embrace life with love and courage. I know being parents is not an easy task, but I believe that God gives us the strength when needed to deal with all those things that are hard in this journey, and raise a kid is one of that. So, yes, I'll keep being optimistic, cause I know when the hard times come, when I'll loose my mind for not sleeping well, or when the exhaustion of being a parent will just overwhelm me, I know I'll be able to call my Strength and we'll be fine.

PS: People are asking me if we already picked some names... well, we have some in mind, but I'm open for suggestions!


Eu estou com +ou- 10 semanas e 3 dias. Estamos bem, apesar que no domingo eu comecei ter asia e dor de cabeca (enxaquecas sempre me amaram!). Minha amiga Hellen estava em casa e coitada, nem consegui dar todo love que geralmente dou, porque eu fiquei deitada no chao o dia inteiro. Mas, alem dos simtomas de gravides que sao normais, eu estou bem optimistica! Sim, fico sonhando como meu bebe vai ser, como vamos educa-lo, como ensina-lo a amar a Deus e respeitar uns aos outros, e especialmente como fazer a diferenca nesse mundo! Sim, eu sou a mamae tipica que vive sonhando e sonhando. Oro pra que Deus nos de sabedoria pra crescer uma pessoa capaz de enfrentar a vida com amor e coragem. Sei que ser pais nao e uma tarefa facil, mas acredito que Deus nos da forca quando necessitamos pra lidar com as coisas difficeis nessa jornada, e crescer uma crianca e uma delas. Entao, sim, continuarei sendo optimistica, porque eu sei quando as dificuldades aparecerem, quando eu perder minha mente por nao dormir bem, ou quando a exaustao de ser pais me bater. eu sei que poderei chamar minha Forca e tudo estara bem!

PS: As pessoas estao me perguntando se ja temos nomes em mente... well, temos alguns, mas estamos abertos pra sugestoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment