Welcome to My World!

IMG_6598
Thanks for stopping by! My name is Suzan Mayumi Turner. I'm a happy stay at home (expat) mom who does photography and theatre every time I get a chance. Here you'll find some glimpses of my life (now in Spain), my art, and my work. Feel free to drop me a line or two. I'd love to hear from you and make new friends!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tum-tum, tum-tum, tum-tum...


Today was our first ultrasound and there are no words enough to describe the explosion of emotions felt. It’s real, there is another heart beat inside of me, and a strong one, 171 bits per minute. The baby is around 3cm, and my due date is for May 14th. When the doctor showed us the baby, he or she jumped to greet us, “It’s already an active baby”, said D. Channell. My baby jumped and turned upside down to let us know everything was fine! Keith, (my hubby for those who don’t know), said the baby was probably doing crazy movements like I do in theatre! Yeah, plus I was a very active child so I guess the baby already got it from me.
When I heard the heart beat I cried! I know, it’s not anything new, I cry easily, specially now with all this hormones changing, but it felt so incredible! Not only the picture was very clear, but the sound was so darn good. It made everything feels so much more real. It’s a miracle to know that there is a life growing inside of me.

Hoje foi nossa primeira ultrasom e na ha palavras pra descrever a explosao de emocoes que senti. E de verdade, ha um outro coracao dentro de mim, e forte, 171 batidas por minuto. O bebe mede + ou - 3 cm, e a data prevista pra nascer sera dia 14 de maio. Quando o doutor nos mostrou o bebe, ele(a) pulou pra nos comprimentar, “e um bebe ja ativo” o medico disse. Meu bebe pulou e virou cambalhotas pra nos avisar que tudo estava bem! Keith, (meu marido, pra quem nao o conhece) disse que o bebe provavelmte estava fazendo os movementos malucos como eu faco no teatro! Yeah, alem disso eu era uma crianca ativa, entao acho que o bebe ja esta me puxando.
Quando ouvi o coracao batendo eu chorei. Eu sei que nao e nenhuma novidade, pois choro facilmente, especialmente agora com esses hormonios, mas foi um sentimento incrivel! Nao somente a foto era bem visivel, mas o som era tao bom. Fez tudo parecer mais real ainda! E um milagre saber que ha uma vida crescendo dentro de mim.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment