Welcome to My World!

IMG_6598
Thanks for stopping by! My name is Suzan Mayumi Turner. I'm a happy stay at home (expat) mom who does photography and theatre every time I get a chance. Here you'll find some glimpses of my life (now in Spain), my art, and my work. Feel free to drop me a line or two. I'd love to hear from you and make new friends!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Big decision to make... Grande decisao pra fazer...

Today we went to our ob's appointment and he took forever to attend us. My doctor takes time with his patients, which is very good, and I can't complain, but it sucks when you're the one waiting in the next room. As I was waiting, butt naked wearing a white paper vest and a paper sheet to cover my legs, Keith said: "You look cute! You look like you're wearing a prom dress!" I looked at myself trying to understand where he saw a prom dress. I guess it's his goofy way to calm me down, since he knows I hate waiting, specially when I know the uncomfortable exam that I had to go through.
So, when the doctor finally came, very nice as always (I really like my doc, so i "forgive" him for making us wait :-) he started talking about swine vaccine. Man, I felt like a bomb has been dropped over my head. My first thought was, "no way I'm getting this shot". Not because I'm scared of needles, cause that's not my problem at all, but I hate drugs in my body. I grew up in antibiotics cause of all the respiratory problems I had. Now, I avoid drugs as much as I can. But, then the doc told us cases of the flu that happened in our future hospital with kids and a pregnant woman, and how bad it can get if you're prego! That wasn't fun hearing. And giving my bronchitis and pneumonia history, I don't trust my immune system; however, I don't trust the vaccine either! He said there is no side effects on the fetus, but that's what they always say, right? I don't think there is enough test done in pregnant women since it's still a new disease.
Gosh, it's frustrating! I wish I didn't have to make a decision! I pray God leads us to the right choice!

Well, the good side of the appointment today was we were able to hear the baby's heart beat again! That took all the worries away at least for couple seconds! It's strong and seems to be healthy! Also, we scheduled our next ultra to know the sex of the baby! It's in four weeks! I can't wait to know!

_______________________________________

Hj nos fomos para consulta com o nosso medico e demorou pra kramba pra nos atender. Meu doc gasta o tempo devido com os pacientes e isso e algo muito bom, nao tenho o que reclamar, mas nao e nada legal quando voce e aquele que fica no outro quarto esperando. Enquanto esperava, de bunda pra fora vestida num colete de papel branco e um papel pra cobrir minhas pernas, Keith disse: " Oh, Vc esta bonitinha! Parece que esta vestida num vestido de baile" (E dificil traduzir exatamente oq ele disse, mas so pra vcs terem uma ideia). Eu olhei pra mim, tentando ver aonde ele viu vestido de baile. Acho que o jeitinho dele de me acalmar ja que ele sabe que detesto esperar, especialmente quando sei o exame inconfortavel que tinha que passar.
Quando o medico finalmente chegou, simpatico como sempre (eu gosto do meu doc, entao eu o "perdoo" pela espera :-) ele comecou a falar sobre a vacine da gripe suina. Eu senti como se uma bomba estava sendo jogada na minha cabeca. Meu primeiro pensamente foi, "nem pensar eu vou ser vacinada" Nao e pq tenho medo de injecao, pq isso nao um problema pra mim, mas pq detesto drogas no meu corpo. Eu cresci em antibioticos por causa dos problemas respiratorios que tive. Agora, eu evito drogas sempre quando posso. Mas, dai o medico comecou a contar casos que aconteceram na nossa futura maternidade de criancas e gravidas com a gripe, e o quanto que e arriscado pra gravidas! Isso nao foi muito divertido ouvir. E vendo minha historia com bronquite e pneumonia, eu nao confio no meu sistema imurologico! Mas tbm nao confio na vacina! Ele disse que nao tem nenhum effeito colateral no fetus, mas isso q oq eles sempre falam, nao e? Nao acho que tem pesquisas  suficiente em gravidas ja que ainda e uma doenca nova.
E tao frustrante! Gostaria que eu nao precisasse fazer uma decisao! Oro pra que Deus nos mostre a escolha certa!

Bom, o lado bom da consulta hoje foi que pudemos ouvir o coracao do bb novamente! Isso tirou toda preocupacao pelo menos por alguns segundos! Esta forte e parece ser saudavel! Alem disso, marcamos nossa proxima ultra pra saber o sexo do bb! Sera em quatro semanas! Nao posso esperar!



2 comments:

  1. Girl, when I was pregnant my doc was pushing the regular flu shot. Not to make light of the H1N1 situation, which I know is serious, but they are ALWAYS pushing something and it's always based on fear. Back then the flu shot was the only vaccine left that had (very) trace elements of mercury--what they say that prego women must AVOID in food consumption but they want to feed it to you directly, although in a small amount, in a vaccine?
    I trust God will keep you healthy and safe during the rest of your pregnancy either way, but I hate that there is so much pressure for prego women to get this vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please check Dr. Mercola's web site b4 you make your decision!

    ReplyDelete